Some brief information for this (French) holiday week.
The forecast is for bad weather for most of the week, (rain/snow, strong winds and poor visibility.) Already yesterday 30cms of snow fell above 2000m.
Unlike at the beginning of this autumn, conditions for hiking are no longer ideal. The paths are greasy and with snow above 1800m, the way is often hidden. Therefore, the higher paths are reserved for experienced hikers, (with good boots and sticks.) Treks over several days are no longer really feasible.
The paths beneath the lift cables up to the Plan de l'Aiguille are provisionally closed by council order until 31 December.
Both the weather and conditions do not favour high mountain activity, (mixed routes very dry and the rock climbs plastered.)